Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tristan und Isolde

Tristan und Isolde

Seen while walking my bike after a flat tire..

Tonight I went to see a superb performance by the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra -- Richard Wagner : Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, Prelude und Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde and Beethoven's Symphony number 5

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_und_Isolde

I know beauty when I see it, or in this case hear it, feel it, experience it profoundly! The Tristan und Isolde gave me goosebumps!!
If you've never experienced a live performance of symphonic music, it is a sensation you must try, the dynamic range is profound, the nuances superb, everything is so much more noticeable, it is just extraordinary!


I took a vacation day Wednesday, that's when I took a bike
ride from Keystone Park to Derry, and when I
was climbing the ridge beyond Derry, I noticed my tire was
going flat, so I turned around and high-tailed it back,
almost flying down this steep hill on Chestnut Ridge.
I noticed an American Chestnut growing up there.

Just beyond Derry on the way back, I saw two Mute swans
at Derry lake (lake Ethel). They are residents there.

The tire was still ridable, but getting constantly flatter.

Just past that, I asked a local resident to borrow a pump.
He was very nice to comply.
Wouldn't you know, he had this huge industrial powered pump.
And it blew out my tire altogether .
I thanked him nevertheless, I felt sort of embarrassed, and
bad for him, even though it was my tire.

So I walked back to Keystone lake with my bike, running/jogging
half the time. Great exercise.

No comments: